|WARNING! This page contains SPOILERS from Kung Fu Panda 3. These have been tagged, but if you don't want them, leave the page. Otherwise, read at your own risk.|
|“|| Po: [gasp] The Wuxi Finger Hold! Not the Wuxi Finger Hold!|
Shifu: Ohhh, you know this hold?
Po: Developed by Master Wuxi in the third dynasty, yes.
Shifu: Ah, then you must know what happens when I flex my pinky...
|—Shifu threatening to use the hold on Po, Kung Fu Panda|
|This section needs revising. You can help the Kung Fu Panda Wiki by editing it!|
The Wuxi Finger Hold remains to be the most feared and secretive technique in the entire Valley of Peace, capable of creating maximum amount of damage with just the minimum amount of effort. The technique involves the user holding an opponent's finger between his or her own index finger and thumb, pinky held upright, and then flexing one's pinky down. The target's chi is then presumably affected so greatly that it causes a brilliant, rippling shockwave of energy that extends for miles, although the exact effects are a mystery. The Wuxi Finger Hold is noted to be a Red Panda Style move.
The hold, while effective on mortals, does not work on creatures such as Kai, who is a Spirit Warrior. However, he can be indirectly affected, as Po grappled him them used the hold on himself, sending them both to the Spirit Realm.
After Po was selected as the Dragon Warrior, he was sent to the Hall of Warriors to meet with Master Shifu, who shared with him his disbelief in Po being the Dragon Warrior and insulted him. When Po tried to argue, Shifu threatened to use the Wuxi Finger Hold on him; scared, Po backed down and didn't want to argue with him afterward.
Sometime between this point and his fight with Tai Lung, Po figured out how to use the Wuxi Finger Hold himself and used it against Tai Lung, who gasped in shock and reasoned that Shifu never taught him the hold and tried to call it out as a bluff, but much to his surprise, Po admitted that he actually figured the hold on his own; with a flex of his pinky and saying his catchphrase "Skadoosh," Po defeated Tai Lung.Master and the Panda", Monkey and Crane recalled the events of how Po had used the Wuxi Finger hold to defeat Tai Lung. Later, Peng attacked Po upon hearing of the fate of his uncle, and Po absentmindedly caught him in the hold, but was unwilling to fight Peng and didn't perform it.
|This section is a stub. Help the Kung Fu Panda Wiki by expanding it!|
- In the first Kung Fu Panda storyboard version of the Wuxi Finger Hold, Shifu instead used a Chinese finger trap to catch Po.
- In an interview conducted by Scholastic News Online, when asked about the hardest move for him to learn, Po answered it was the Wuxi Finger Hold and states that Shifu told him (after having defeated Tai Lung with it) that there actually is no such move; it was just a story that masters made up to scare their students. Po added that he can't recall exactly how he did it, but he feels he must practice.
- Though unconfirmed, the move might have been inspired by the "Five-Point Palm Exploding Heart Technique" from the Kill Bill movies.
- ↑ Revealed in DreamWorks Animation's Kung Fu Panda 3 (2016). Written by , & directed by Jennifer Yuh Nelson, . Distributed by 20th Century Fox.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Revealed in DreamWorks Animation's Kung Fu Panda (2008). Written by , & directed by John Stevenson, Mark Osborne. Distributed by Paramount Pictures.
- ↑ Kung Fu Panda World - Training Hall (old version; retrieved August 21, 2010)
- ↑ Kung Fu Panda Fun Facts by HP
- ↑ Scholastic.com - "Kung Fu Panda-monium!"