FANDOM


This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Message Wall:29625 article.
  • Greetings!

    I am Brendan, the bureaucrat of the Madagascar Wiki.

    I am here to request for an affiliation between the Kung Fu Panda Wiki, and my wiki.

    Below are some information on Madagascar Wiki:

    1. Name | Link: Madagascar Wiki | madagascar.wikia.com
    2. Wordmark: [1]
    3. List of Affiliates page: http://madagascar.wikia.com/wiki/Template:Affiliates (the template appears on the sidebar of the Main Page)

    I hope that everything is fine, please tell me if anything is wrong.

    Thank you, and have a nice day ^^

    Selamat Maju Jaya, Brendan Boman - 05:25PM, 10th January, 2018 (MYT)

      Loading editor...
    • Oh wow, I haven't looked at the Madagascar Wiki in a while. Lots has changed, and it's looking pretty good so far! The front page especially is quite refreshing to see compared to the old blocky HTML-bordered look.

      I take it all the changes are your doing? I didn't look too far into all the edit histories, but it seems like you've been the one in charge for a few months at least. Last I was on the wiki, Deb was the local admin. Not sure what happened with her, but it looks like the wiki was left in good capable hands. :)

      I also remember creating that wordmark - it's one of my earliest wiki-related Photoshop designs. Sorry it's so rough. XD If you'd like (and if I can find the time), perhaps I could whip up an updated one? I know a few more tricks now that I didn't back then, so I could probably make it look a lot more crisp and clean. Looks like you could also use a background image - those are pretty easy to make w/ the right resources.


      Anyway, affiliation! Your application looks good, so I'll go ahead and add the wordmark. Feel free to double-check.

        Loading editor...
    • Sorry to barge in, I’m so happy that the Madagascar Wiki and the Kung Fu Panda Wiki are affiliates. This is so great! (I was actually going to recommend Brendan to affiliate the Madagascar Wiki with the Kung Fu Panda Wiki but he already did it :P)

        Loading editor...
    • Spottedstar said:
      Oh wow, I haven't looked at the Madagascar Wiki in a while. Lots has changed, and it's looking pretty good so far! The front page especially is quite refreshing to see compared to the old blocky HTML-bordered look.

      I take it all the changes are your doing? I didn't look too far into all the edit histories, but it seems like you've been the one in charge for a few months at least. Last I was on the wiki, Deb was the local admin. Not sure what happened with her, but it looks like the wiki was left in good capable hands. :)

      I also remember creating that wordmark - it's one of my earliest wiki-related Photoshop designs. Sorry it's so rough. XD If you'd like (and if I can find the time), perhaps I could whip up an updated one? I know a few more tricks now that I didn't back then, so I could probably make it look a lot more crisp and clean. Looks like you could also use a background image - those are pretty easy to make w/ the right resources.



      Anyway, affiliation! Your application looks good, so I'll go ahead and add the wordmark. Feel free to double-check.

      Sorry for the late reply, I was a bit busy ^^;

      And yes, Deb, unfortunately 'disappeared', and so seeing that some things were out of date, I requested for a take over on the month of September last year if I am not mistaken. And after that I did all the new designs and all; glad that you like it ^^

      And oh my god, I never knew that you made the wordmark! That's so great, and thank you! ^^ But it's fine, it looks great.

      And background image, how do I do that, exactly?

      I am in the middle of a project which I call the Madagascar Wiki Major Renovation Project for December 2017; so I'd love to recieve as much feedback and suggestions on the designs and system of the wiki. So if you see anything that needs to be fixed, please point it out ^^

        Loading editor...
    • Davidjimnez said:
      Sorry to barge in, I’m so happy that the Madagascar Wiki and the Kung Fu Panda Wiki are affiliates. This is so great! (I was actually going to recommend Brendan to affiliate the Madagascar Wiki with the Kung Fu Panda Wiki but he already did it :P)

      It's okay, thanks for adding the wordmark to my wiki this morning, by the way ^^

        Loading editor...
    • Brendan Boman said:
      And oh my god, I never knew that you made the wordmark! That's so great, and thank you! ^^ But it's fine, it looks great.

      I'm happy that you're happy with it, but me personally, I know I can do better. XD I'll probably still toy around to see if I can make it a little cleaner. I'll let you know if I come up with anything.

      And background image, how do I do that, exactly?

      Like how to make them? I have a template I use in Photoshop for creating ones on this wiki. It's just a fixed-sized background space with gradients on the side and down the middle, then I fill in the space with images like wallpapers and character/logo transparencies. The background can really be as big or as small as you want, but I use the same size so I don't always have to measure out where the site content space will be. Plus, it allows me to save it w/ as much detail as possible w/out exceeding the 300KB limit - otherwise it won't accept it.

      I'll be toying around with this too, once I find a few image assets off the web. I'll let you know.

        Loading editor...
    • Oh that background image, I thought the content background ^^;

      I think I'm fine with mine for now, it kinda looks a bit messy but then I worked hard on it so I feel like it deserves to be there longer. Thanks for offering though, I'll tell if you if I ever need it ^^

      But how do we edit the content background, by the way (if you don't mind telling)?

        Loading editor...
    • But how do we edit the content background, by the way (if you don't mind telling)?

      That's with CSS through the Wikia.css page. The code I use for it just overlays an image on top of the content page color, and then repeats it in whatever direction I tell it to. Here:

      .WikiaPage .WikiaPageBackground {
          background-image: url(IMAGE URL HERE);
          background-repeat: repeat-y;
      }
      
        Loading editor...
    • Very sorry for the extremely long delay in replying. I was away from home for more than 10 days and I just got back yesterday.

      I see, thank you very much for helping ^^

        Loading editor...
    • an anonymous contributor
        Loading editor...
Give Karma to this message
You've given this message Karma!
See who gave Karma to this message