FANDOM


This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Message Wall:23352 article.
  • Spottedstar
    Spottedstar closed this thread because:
    Archived
    14:36, July 3, 2016

    UPDATE: Now that the English trailer has been released, all Chinese trailer related content is now permitted on this wiki. We will be continuing the use of the spoiler markers for Kung Fu Panda 3 related text for both trailers, but all images and videos will be unmarked.



    This is a special announcement to all of our wiki community members, as well as any passers-by that will be browsing our content:

    The news

    It has been recently reported that the Chinese version of the Kung Fu Panda 3 teaser trailer has already been released online. Because this release conflicts with DreamWorks Animation's recent countdown promos to the English version, the Chinese trailer is being considered as "leaked" information. According to our Spoiler Policy, any content from qualifying spoilers that has been considered "leaked" is automatically marked as spoilers on this wiki.

    Procedures

    To keep our online community a spoiler-free environment, we will be implementing the following procedures to any spoiler content related to the Chinese trailer:

    • Ignoring all trailer-related content on social media, so everyone is welcome to safely keep following us on our accounts.
    • Deleting any non-masked images related to the trailer. For instructions on how to upload a masked image onto this wiki, see here.
    • Removing from articles any videos related to the trailer, primarily videos of the trailer itself. The trailer video will remain on this wiki, but because videos cannot be masked by default like images, we won't have them directly viewable on articles.
    • Marking spoiler text as usual via the spoiler markers. For instructions on how to use these, see here.

    These changes will remain in effect until June 18, when the English teaser trailer is scheduled for debut.

    Questions?

    If you have any comments/questions/suggestions/etc. about this news or these changes, please submit them below.

    Thanks everyone! :)

      Loading editor...
    • Oh dear.

        Loading editor...
    • ^ Haha, I was right in the middle of publishing everything when you did this, so it's not entirely your fault. Could you help me fill up the Recent Activity list with edits?

        Loading editor...
    • I suppose but what edits in particular?

        Loading editor...
    • Just anything right now, even small ones. I'm working with User:Nerfmaster8 on replacing <center></center> tags on articles with <div class="gallery-button"></div>. If you feel comfortable doing that, I'd love some help with it. Otherwise, just find anything. :P

        Loading editor...
    • I suppose i could.

        Loading editor...
    • If you don't feel like making edits, maybe you could help with masking the images? That'll be the next step after I've filled up the activity page with recent edits. Do you have Photoshop or something similar that you could add a transparent white mask to?

        Loading editor...
    • Well i do have Online Image editor.

        Loading editor...
    • If it can do the tasks as described here for masking images, then I'd love to have help with that too. Especially because I haven't seen the pictures yet and don't really want to. :P

        Loading editor...
    • Spottedstar
      Spottedstar removed this reply because:
      Doesn't make sense to link to the very thing we're saying not to spoil; plus, the video has now been removed due to copyright.
      23:13, June 13, 2015
      This reply has been removed
    • Spottedstar said:
      If you don't feel like making edits, maybe you could help with masking the images? That'll be the next step after I've filled up the activity page with recent edits. Do you have Photoshop or something similar that you could add a transparent white mask to?

      if we are all going to work together, how about we each pick a category? Helps to save time and finish faster. I'm doing the Males category currently and did the home page portal as well.

        Loading editor...
    • Spottedstar said: If you don't feel like making edits, maybe you could help with masking the images? That'll be the next step after I've filled up the activity page with recent edits. Do you have Photoshop or something similar that you could add a transparent white mask to?

      if we are all going to work together, how about we each pick a category? Helps to save time and finish faster. I'm doing the Males category currently and did the home page portal as well.

      ?... Are you talking about the div tags? You quoted me on masking the spoiler images. And anyway, there's no longer any need since I filled up the activity page enough to cover up the large portion of spoiler images (and I've already masked them, too). That's all this was about.

      Do you need help, though? Is that why you asked?

        Loading editor...
    • i meant if a team is going to work on the div tags, it would be helpful to not overlap.

      Do you want to do pages with empty galleries and kfp3?

      edit: oops used wrong quote, oh well

        Loading editor...
    • Just so we are clear on the 19th i'm free to revert images right?

        Loading editor...
    • ^That or the 18th (in the evening).

        Loading editor...
    • Byzantinefire said:
      Just so we are clear on the 19th i'm free to revert images right?

      Yes, I suppose. Though if anyone objects on here, we might have to put it up to a community vote. That probably won't happen though, so for now, sure. :)

      Nerfmaster8 said:
      i meant if a team is going to work on the div tags, it would be helpful to not overlap.

      Do you want to do pages with empty galleries and kfp3?

      edit: oops used wrong quote, oh well

      ^ Haha, I figured. ;)

      Well, I was kind of in a hurry earlier since the images were taking up a large chunk of the activity page, so that's why I was trying to organize something so we could get some quick edits out fast. But like I said, if you need help, then sure, we can do some content splitting.

      But just so you know: there's really no hurry with it. Like I said before we had started doing that, it's not that big of a deal if the deprecated center tags don't center the button - just as long as the button is appearing and working. So we shouldn't need to worry about getting it done faster or anything.

        Loading editor...
    • its not a big deal, i can finish all of them and if you want switch trivia to the bottom. none of the edits by the bot's gonna show up anyways unless you click show bots in recent changes.

        Loading editor...
    • and if you want switch trivia to the bottom.

      Oh, no, sorry if I gave off that message in that thread. What I meant to say about it is that I don't know how other wikis do it, but we're comfortable with what we do here for it. So no, please don't switch around the Trivia sections. Unnecessary extra work. :P

        Loading editor...
    • ok, i won't in that case then

        Loading editor...
    • Watched the Chinese trailer ONCE to get myself hyped. Can't wait to see it in English.

        Loading editor...
    • I started changing all the </center> tags for buttons over to <div class="gallery-button">. Starting with season 1 of the TV show seemed like a good place. That is complete, will move onto seasons 2 and 3 tomorrow.

      Edit:

      And anyway, there's no longer any need

      I am still willing to edit each and every page to have <div class="gallery-button">...

        Loading editor...
    • ^ Good job so far! If you want to keep doing that, go right ahead. :)

        Loading editor...
    • ^might help to get a bot flag though, that tends to "spam" wiki activity...i'll continue with this once me and spottedstar finish the slider unless you guys finish that is.

        Loading editor...
    • The majority it is done. The only pages that need the <div class="gallery-button"> tag are some character, location and object pages I believe.

        Loading editor...
    • Zaralith said:
      The majority it is done. The only pages that need the <div class="gallery-button"> tag are some character, location and object pages I believe.

      i do have a bot flag, do you want to finish? i don't mind doing the rest, just a bit busy for now.

        Loading editor...
    • Nerfmaster8 said:
      Zaralith said:
      The majority it is done. The only pages that need the <div class="gallery-button"> tag are some character, location and object pages I believe.
      i do have a bot flag, do you want to finish? i don't mind doing the rest, just a bit busy for now.

      I am heading to work now myself. Will continue when I get home.

        Loading editor...
    • Zaralith said:
      Nerfmaster8 said:
      Zaralith said:
      The majority it is done. The only pages that need the <div class="gallery-button"> tag are some character, location and object pages I believe.
      i do have a bot flag, do you want to finish? i don't mind doing the rest, just a bit busy for now.

      I am heading to work now myself. Will continue when I get home.

      how about you finish the locations and objects and i'll get the rest done. already started characters so it will be hard to not overlap. also prefer bot flag cause we don't really need these edits showing up to be honest.

        Loading editor...
    • Nerfmaster8 said:

      how about you finish the locations and objects and i'll get the rest done. already started characters so it will be hard to not overlap. also prefer bot flag cause we don't really need these edits showing up to be honest.

      You have a good point there. Alright! Sounds good. Teamwork! Yeah!

        Loading editor...
    • Permission to revert those images?

        Loading editor...
    • ^ Not yet. The English trailer hasn't been released yet. I'll let you know when it's okay to revert the images. :)

        Loading editor...
    • Alright.

        Loading editor...
    • Well i just saw the trailer and its different from the chinese one.

        Loading editor...
    • ^ Yep, that's the English one. I already uploaded it on here.

      I suppose you can go and revert the Chinese trailer images then. I'll make an announcement about it...

        Loading editor...
    • Alright then.

        Loading editor...
    • I preffered the other trailer honestly. The marketing diffrerences are interesting.

        Loading editor...
    • ^ I should probably open up a discussion thread about the trailers. Give me a minute...

      EDIT: Here, share your opinion here. :)

        Loading editor...
    • How long ago was the first trailer released? I only saw an English trailer on imdb.com today.

        Loading editor...
    • ^ The English trailer was released yesterday, and the Chinese trailer was released last week on the 13th.

        Loading editor...
    • Spottedstar said:
      ^ The English trailer was released yesterday, and the Chinese trailer was released last week on the 13th.

      Great, thanks! 

        Loading editor...
Give Karma to this message
You've given this message Karma!
See who gave Karma to this message