|This article is a stub.|
|Not all information has been covered about this subject. You can help by expanding it!|
- This page contains the wiki's archived, reformatted, live-updated details on the marketing of Kung Fu Panda 3.
- April 23 - 20th Century Fox revealed the film's official synopsis at the 2015 CinemaCon in Las Vegas.
- June 10 - USA Today released the first three official images from the film: a picture of Po with the pandas from the secret panda village, a picture of Po with his biological father Li, and a picture of new character Mei Mei ribbon dancing. In addition, the article shared some behind-the-scenes comments from cast and crew members.
- June 11 - DreamWorks Animation announced via social media that the first film teaser trailer will be released in one week, on June 18.
- June 13 - Oriental DreamWorks held a press conference in China for the film where they screened the Chinese teaser trailer, which then leaked onto the Internet.
- June 18 - DreamWorks Animation released the English teaser trailer on their .
- July 27 - Entertainment Weekly released the film's first set of concept art, revealing various scenes of the secret panda village. They also interviewed a few of the filmmakers (directors Jennifer Yuh Nelson and , and production designer ), where they shared some behind-the-scenes information on designing the village.
- August 11 - Moviefone released the film's first international teaser poster that features Po, Mei Mei, Li, Bao, and a few other unknown pandas of the secret panda village.
- August 23 - DreamWorks released the film's first television spot, which features a short clip of Li talking to Po in the style of Star Wars character Darth Vader. He also uses the character's most famous quote: "I am your father."
- September 4 - It was reported that Rebel Wilson dropped out of the film due to an extended production schedule. Kate Hudson took her place to voice Mei Mei.
- October 23 - Carloni presented a behind-the-scenes sneak peek of the film at the VIEW Conference in Italy. The keynote address included character storyboards, commentary on the film's new characters, three clips featuring different scenes from the film, and a short Q&A.
- November 3 - DreamWorks released the film's second international trailer that features more of its new characters and locations.
- November 5 - DreamWorks released the film's second international teaser poster, featuring more of the film's new characters in the panda village.
- November 4–6 - Po's voice actor Jack Black was flown to China to promote the film. He was brought to various promotional events in Beijing and Shanghai, of which included the following: visiting the Forbidden City, meeting members of the film's Chinese voice cast (his character's voice counterpart Huang Lei, the Chopstick Brothers who voice Crane and Mantis, and Jay Chou who voices Monkey), doing interviews and large press events, eating and making authentic Chinese cuisine, and attending public meet-and-greets. DreamWorks Animation Jeffrey Katzenberg and film director Jennifer Yuh Nelson also attended some of these events.
- November 22 - CTN Animation Expo featured the film's directors (Jennifer Yuh Nelson and Alessandro Carloni), head-of-story Phil Craven, and art book author . A panel for the film featured sneak peek looks at the film and commentary from the filmmakers, and later a book signing was held for the film's art book.
- November 24 - DreamWorks released the film's first official clip, which features Po and Mr. Ping arriving at the Panda Village with Li and meeting the residents.
- November 26 - Delta Vacations partnered with DreamWorks to launch promotional sweepstakes "The Journey Home". Participants enter by receiving a fortune cookie in select theaters during the sweepstakes dates, or by entering online. Winners receive a trip to the premiere of Kung Fu Panda 3 in Hollywood, California.
- November 27 - Daily Mail announced that the world's only surviving set of panda triplets (Meng Meng, Shuai Shuai, and Ku Ku) will have their own characters in the film.
- December 2 - Chinese singer Luhan released promotional single "Deep".
- December 7 - DreamWorks launched Minecraft server based on the film's locations.
- December 8 - People.com released film music video "Nunchuck Princess" featuring Mei Mei, Po, and the pandas of Panda Village.
- December 16 - DreamWorks released the film's third international trailer that features more of the film's locations and plot.
- December 17 -
- December 18 -
- December 22 - International poster released.
- December 23 -
- January 2 - Home Depot partnered with DreamWorks to launch and feature a film-themed spinning box at their stores' workshop for kids.
- January 5 -
- 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment re-releases the first two Kung Fu Panda films on Blu-ray and DVD, which included an exclusive sneak peek clip of the film.
- DreamWorks released the film's third official clip, which features Po showing Li around the Hall of Warriors and eventually playing with its artifacts.
- January 6 -
- Film's promotional theme song "Try" is released, performed by Jay Chou and Patrick Brasca.
- Film directors Alessandro Carloni and Jennifer Yuh Nelson chat with the Internet Movie Database (IMDb) about the film and take questions via Twitter.
More coming soon!
- ↑ Collider.com - "Synopses Revealed for KUNG FU PANDA 3, ... and More" by Adam Chitwood. Published and retrieved April 23, 2015.
- ↑ USA TODAY - "Sneak peek: 'Panda 3' amps up bear count" by Bryan Alexander. Retrieved June 10, 2015.
- ↑ View post photo. : "Kung Fu Panda 3 teaser trailer is just one week away!" Published and retrieved June 11, 2015.
- ↑ Oriental-DreamWorks.com - "《功夫熊猫3》2016年1月29日中国上映，成龙、杨幂、朱珠等众星献声新角色" ("'Kung Fu Panda 3' January 29, 2016 Chinese release, Jackie Chan, Yang Mi, Zhu Zhu and other stars vocals new role"). Retrieved June 14, 2015.
- ↑ Entertainment Weekly - "Kung Fu Panda 3 exclusive: See concept art and cinemagraphs of panda village" by C. Molly Smith. Published and retrieved July 27, 2015.
- ↑ Moviefone.com - "Po Struggles to Find Balance in This Exclusive 'Kung Fu Panda 3' Poster" by Rachel Horner. Published and retrieved August 11, 2015.
- ↑ The Hollywood Reporter - "Kate Hudson to Replace Rebel Wilson in 'Kung Fu Panda 3' (Exclusive)" by Borys Kit. Published and retrieved September 4, 2015.
- ↑ Movie for Kids - "View Conference 2015: Alessandro Carloni mostra alcune scene inedite di Kung Fu Panda 3" ("VIEW Conference 2015: Alessandro Carloni shows some new scenes of Kung Fu Panda 3") by Irene Rosignoli. Published and retrieved October 27, 2015.