| This wiki has parent information for Kung Fu Panda: The Paws of Destiny.|
Click the logo above to view ratings, content info and more on this particular media.
|This article is out of universe from Kung Fu Panda.|
|This subject has been distinguished as part of the real world and therefore should not be taken as part of the fictional universe of the Kung Fu Panda franchise.|
|This article contains information about a future release.|
|The content here may contain speculation or rumored information. As such, it may change significantly as the product release approaches and more accurate information becomes available.|
Kung Fu Panda: The Paws of Destiny is an upcoming web series produced by DreamWorks Animation Television and distributed by Amazon. It follows the adventures of four panda kids who gain magical powers and receive help from Po in controlling their powers and stopping an evil force. It is scheduled to premiere "later in 2018."
When four panda kids stumble upon a mystical cave beneath Panda Village, accidentally absorbing the chi of ancient and powerful kung fu warriors known as the Four Constellations, they must realize a destiny to save the world from an evil force. Meanwhile, Po finds himself faced with his biggest challenge yet — teaching this ragtag band of kids how to wield their newfound powers.
- Main article: Category:Paws of Destiny episodes
|Season||Episodes||Originally aired (U.S. dates)|
|Season premiere||Season finale|
The series was first discussed in November 2017 by producer Mitch Watson while guest-starring on entertainment podcast The Nightfly with Dave Juskow. When asked about new shows, Watson mentioned "a new version of Kung Fu Panda," one that is "more like the films" and "serialized," also noting that it will be releasing on Amazon. He also indirectly revealed Po's voice being done by Mick Wingert.
On April 12, 2018, the series was officially announced for Amazon's upcoming programming for 2018, revealing its title, plot synopsis, and planned release period. On May 23, 2018, it was announced that Leo Birenberg is composing the score for the series.
- This series marks the first time a DreamWorks Animation original series will be available to Amazon Prime Video customers worldwide. It will also be the second series in DreamWorks' series history to be released on Amazon (rather than Netflix), coming after The Adventures of Rocky & Bullwinkle.
- Lane Lueras, one of the producers of the series, has also served as director of some episodes in Kung Fu Panda: Legends of Awesomeness.
- ↑ : "Feeling a combo platter of excitement, pride and relief ... at having written on the new 'Kung Fu Panda' series that will be debut’ing later in the year." Published April 17, 2018. Retrieved June 18, 2018.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Revealed by show producer Mitch Watson on The Nightfly with Dave Juskow - "Live from Los Angeles with Mitch Watson" (@1:19:42 in the audio clip). Recorded & published on November 6, 2017. Retrieved November 9, 2017.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Film Music Reporter - "Leo Birenberg to Score DreamWorks Animation's 'Kung Fu Panda: The Paws of Destiny'". Published & retrieved May 23, 2018.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 4.4 Deadline - "New ‘Rocky & Bullwinkle’, ‘Kung Fu Panda’ Series From DreamWorks Animation TV Headed To Amazon" by Erik Pedersen. Published & retrieved April 12, 2018.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 5.3 5.4 Collider - "DreamWorks Animation’s ‘Rocky and Bullwinkle’ Trailer Reveals the Amazon Kids Series" by Dave Trumbore. Published & retrieved April 12, 2018.