|This article is a stub.|
|Not all information has been covered about this subject. You can help by expanding it!|
- This article is about the panda from Kung Fu Panda 3. For the Legends of Awesomeness character, see Bao (pig).
Bao is very energetic, playful, mischievous, and hyperactive. He can also be rather curious and outspoken, asking Po why he ate with chopsticks instead of his paws, and questioning Mr. Ping's goose features as opposed to that of a panda's. He is also very good at continuously keeping toys in midair by bouncing them off his feet, similarly to kicking a soccer ball.
Bao has been seen in an image making a kung fu pose with Po, though it is currently unknown if he will actually learn it. During the invasion of the Panda village, Bao kicks some fire crackers at jombies.
Po is his master. At first, Bao was a little confused at some of Po's mannerisms and why he couldn't do things that seemed normal for Pandas like rolling or eating with his hands instead of chopsticks. Despite this, the two seem to get along as Po was shown playing with Bao and his friends and later trained Bao how to fight.
Bao wears a brown vest with carpet-like tufts, which appears similar to Li's vest. He also wears a green belt, gray pants, and a small red hat.
- In Chinese, "bao" has several meanings, including "precious" (traditional Chinese: 寶?; simplified Chinese: 宝; pinyin: bǎo), which is also the meaning of Po's name.
- Bao's name in the Chinese version of Kung Fu Panda 3 is 泡泡 (pinyin: pàopào), which literally means "bubbles".
- In Kung Fu Panda 3, Bao and the other panda kids play Ti Jianzi (traditional and simplified Chinese: 踢毽子?; pinyin: tī jianzi), which involves keeping a shuttlecock (also called a featherball) in the air by using any body part apart from your hands.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Official Kung Fu Panda website - "Kung Fu Panda 3". Retrieved June 12, 2015.
- ↑ Collider.com - "Synopses Revealed for KUNG FU PANDA 3, ... and More" by Adam Chitwood
- ↑ MDBG English to Chinese dictionary - "bao"
- ↑ Oriental-DreamWorks.com - "《功夫熊猫3》2016年1月29日中国上映，成龙、杨幂、朱珠等众星献声新角色" ("'Kung Fu Panda 3' January 29, 2016 Chinese release, Jackie Chan, Yang Mi, Zhu Zhu and other stars vocals new role"). Retrieved June 14, 2015.
- ↑ MDBG English to Chinese dictionary - "泡泡"